NJ Autism Center of Excellence Summit 2015
Date: Sep 18, 2015
The Unfolding Story of Autism Research in NJ: From Cells to Society
Information about Summit 2015:
Summit 2015 took place on Friday, September 18, 2015. It was an all day event that started at 8:30 a.m. and ended at 4:30 p.m.
Below please find attached a .pdf of the program brochure.
Media coverage of Summit 2015:
- NJ DOH Media Coverage: www.nj.gov/health/news/2015/approved/20150916a.html
- NJ Spotlight Article: www.njspotlight.com/stories/15/09/20/autism-conference-highlights-success-in-linking-research-to-treatments/
- CNBNEWS.NET Article: www.gloucestercitynews.net/clearysnotebook/2015/09/nj-center-of-excellence-autism-summit-to-showcase-research.html
- Montclair State University Photo Montage (by Mike Peters): https://montclairstateuniversity.smugmug.com/2015-JulyDecember/091815-NJ-Autism-Summit/
- NJTV Coverage: www.njtvonline.org/news/video/states-first-summit-on-autism-aims-to-broaden-definition/
- NJCDD Coverage: https://www.njcdd.org/njcdd-calendar-of-events/newsroom/445-autism-conference-highlights-success-in-linking-research-to-treatments
Feedback from Summit 2015:
On Friday, September 18, 2015, the New Jersey Autism Center of Excellence (NJ-ACE) Coordinating Center at Montclair State University (CC-MSU) convened the first statewide Summit to highlight research1 being conducted in New Jersey to better understand the nature of autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
More than 180 individuals, representing families, educators, providers, researchers, and policymakers attended the NJ ACE Summit 2015. All participants were invited to complete a feedback form to share their satisfaction with the event and their perceptions on its usefulness. Of the 186 individuals who registered for and attended the event, 85 completed a feedback form (47% response rate). The findings are summarized in the attachment below.
Selected Presentations from Summit 2015